Tuesday, March 24, 2015

23 Mar 2015 - Journal

Dear Famiry,

I'm running out of jokes and heard you guys went to a Japanese place the other night, its the best I got right now.
This past week I've been really determined to write in my journal every night all the blessings I've seen happen for us and for those we serve.

We've been praying for our investigators that have problems with there health and that are unable to attend church that they can feel the love of their Heavenly father through their trials whether they be physical or espitirtual.  I've seen lately the power of prayer and that our Heavenly Father is so willing to give if we are so willing to ask, and it didn't click with me until the other day when we were in a lesson with one our families that we found and I was comparing the experience that the mom had shared with prayer.  That its not just a one day thing, the more we pray the more we can show our desire to have those things we ask for and those things that we need. 

My purpose as a missionary is to invite others unto Christ and to teach with the Spirit.  It ends there but how we go about it and how we obtain that Spirit is essentially up to us missionaries.  When we choose to be disobedient to one of the rules that we have, we choose not to have the Spirit.  Having the Spirit is so essential in the life of a missionary because without Him we're not giving real life people the real life chance of accepting the gospel of Christ.  Without that Holy Ghost touching their heart, how are they supposed to feel that this is what God wants them to do? They can't. And it has been promised to everyone, anywhere (in Doctrine and covenants) that without the Spirit, you will not teach.

Something that I've really started to have a knack for is learning how to apply the scriptures to real life situations.  In the Book of Mormon and in the ministry of Christ in Mateo, Marcus y Lucas, I've not mastered, but rather started to begin to understand how to apply their words to my experiences.

On another note I think I'm lactose intolerant.  I've had milk and cereal about every morning this week and Jeremiah 4:19 explains well the pain I felt.  

Love you guys, glad the weather is a little better.
Elder Padilla

''Forsake not an old friend, for the new is not comparable to him: a new friend is as new wine: when it is old, thou shalt drink it with pleasure.'' (Ecclesiasticus 9:10)

''The Lord said unto my Lord, Sit thou at my right hand, until I make thine enemies thy footstool.'' (Psalms 110:1)

 

No comments:

Post a Comment