Wednesday, September 16, 2015

31 Aug 2015 - A ton happened this week

Dear family,

First of all just want to say how proud I am of my only little brother who almost earned himself two tickets this past week. Luke you are the man. 

A ton happened this week. On Tuesday we got a call while we were studying in the morning that one of the recent converts that my comp baptized with his last companion was hit by a semi on his motorcycle. Elder Guardado spoke at him funeral and it was really sad, but to cheer us up the Bishop took us out to eat some pizza. 
The wife was super sad but it's times like these when we realize how blessed we are to have the knowledge that we have of the Plan of Salvation. 

The sisters in the ward had a baptism and it was so great. All the missionaries in the two wards that congregate in the Guamuchil building gathered to sing a special musical number at the baptism.
It went really well.

This past week, the elders in our ward found a woman that lives in our area that is super interested and they gave us her address and number. We went, We saw, We conquered. haha no, but she and her 13 hundred children like to listen and we're going to ask them to be baptized this Wednesday, fingers crossed. 

I'm really loving my mission and I'm learning how to be a better leader.

I love you guys so much,
Elder Padilla. 
  

No comments:

Post a Comment