Monday, November 2, 2015

26 Oct 2015 - 11 months

Dear family,

Today we had transfers, I'm still here with Elder Reyes and we're so pysched!!!

We're teaching a family of four and yesterday we watched Meet The Mormons in a family home evening that we had with them and we felt the spirit so strong and were about to challenge them to be baptized but the drunken father in law showed up and ruined the spirit that was there.

He asked if I could help him recieve ''benefits'' from the United States. I understood the words he was saying but at the same time I had no clue what he was trying to tell me. But we're going to return tomorrow with them! They're so great. The dad, Martin, reminds me of Collin.

So we had stake conference this past saturday and sunday and there was some good parts and funny parts. One funny part was one lady that got up and spoke and the first thing that she said/read was the scripture in Doctrine and Covenants 58:26-28 hahaha and then she was like ''Home teachers I'm talking to you, clean up your act and magnify your calling or God's hand will not be held back to smite you.'' hahaha I just about laughed out loud when she said that. 

There was another funny part where a young couple of the stake was getting on the case of every young single adult that wasn't excited about marriage. The girl talked about how there's ''many fish in the sea.'' And her husband talked about how when Laman, Lemuel, Nefi, and Sam were sent to take the daughters of Ishmael to wife there's no record of them murmuring about this commandment. They murmur about almost every other commandment that they were given but this one they went and ''murmured not'' hahaha

I feel really good to be a missionary and I'm doing really well!

I love you guys!

11 MONTHS!!! WOO!
Elder Padilla

Our trip to MOCORITO!

Our trip to MOCORITO!

No comments:

Post a Comment