Tuesday, June 2, 2015

1 Jun 2015 - Obregon Meetings

Oh Amados Hermanos Mios,


On Wednesday we had a meeting in Obregon for the whole day (9am-8pm). Its about an hour drive from Navajoa and so we had to run to our neighbors house, wake them up and hitch a ride because the buses to central don't come that early. From central, we took the hour bus ride. The meeting was very inspired and really really spiritual. We're really focusing on how we can trust in the Spirit as missionaries! To extend the right commitments, to know when the time is opportune to ask a certain question. when we don't have the spirit, no one is being taught. I learned a ton. hahaha So the bus ride home was pretty crazy. So we enter the bus and I enter the bathroom in the back of the bus. When I stepped in and shut the door behind me, I smelt something that I've never smelt in my life. It wasn't bad or gross smelling just very potent. So the bus driver guns it, I slam my head and from there on I remember very little until the next morning. I can remember returning to my seat and walking into the house when we got home but the middle was like I was blinking for 45min intervals. My comp took pictures of me and was telling me that I was laughing a ton and I was sleep walking apparently. Who knows.But the next morning I felt great so yeah who knows.    

So we have this investigator, well I should say that we ''had'' this investigator, that practically told us of all the people he's killed or attempted to kill.  It was crazy because he's a really chill person but out of no where he just starts telling us this and that. Heres a little segment of the conversation that took place, ''Cleophus, as of right now, do you have any questions or doubts about the things that we talked about. Nope alls good, but the other day my neighbor was making a ton of noise so I had tried to poke his eyes out.'' VERBATIM. So we said thanks for the cup of water and decided to never return. 

So that was fun. 

We also found a family this past week and in our third visit, by this time we've already set a baptismal date, we had a bit of......well lets just say words were said. They attend the Catholic church and they were saying that they feel comfortable in their church and my comp just starts slamming the scene with questions like ''Have you prayed to Heavenly Father to know if your church is true?'' It was a bit uncomfortable but I was shocked because these questions made them think and they were like, ''Yeah we should pray before we accept any church, you're right.'' So we'll see what happens this week when we visit again, fingers crossed. 

That's just about all the action that took place this week. 

I'm loving the mission and I wouldn't want to be anywhere else. 

love you guys,
Elder Padilla.



No comments:

Post a Comment