Tuesday, June 16, 2015

15 Jun 2015 - Trainer Training

Dearest family,
I got another great short tale of my adventures this past week. 
So we found this girl sitting on a bench as we were passing by, on our way to an appointment. We stopped to talk because we had a bit of time. We told her that we were missionaries and that we had a message that we wanted to share with her.  She told us that she lived two houses down from where we were and we said that we'd pass by this week in the afternoon. She accepted and we said goodbye. Alright, this is where the story gets crazy. So we return Wednesday and we start knocking on the door. We're waiting a bit, we knock again. Behind us passes a little white town car and like normal we wave at the people but after we waved the car went another 30 meters and the lady slams on the brakes and throws it into reverse. At this moment I'm thinking, ''hm, maybe she forgot something in her house.'' But no she just really wanted to talk to us I guess. So she reverses and starts yelling stuff like hey how are you guys doing and we're like ''Hi we're missionaries'' and she says, ''What do you do as missionaries?'' and I answer something naive like ''we visit people in their homes and invite others to come unto Christ'', but before I had finished she said, with a very uncomfortable tone, ''How can i get me an appointment with you guys?'' Let me set the scene a little better, shes drinking, and so is her friend ,shes like 35 years old, shes got her sunglasses tilted and shes checking us both out. So you can only image how we felt. She asked us if we needed a ride and we asked to where? and she said to her house. hahaha We said no thanks, and she zoomed off. It really wasn't that crazy, I just hope it never happens again. 

My comp and I were invited to a training meeting in Obregon this past week for newly called trainers. I'm pumped!! We're still not sure which one of us is going to be a trainer this next transfer or if both of us are.  There's a ton of new missionaries coming in. In this next transfer there'll be 17 in the generation and in the next there'll be 18. This will be a very green mission in these next few months. I feel good and ready to train if I'm called but I feel like its more responsibility to be a trainer than a district leader.  

Its really starting cook here, check the weather bug. There's practically no point in putting on sunscreen because in the first 10 minutes of walking it all drains into my eyes from the sweat. I love it, its so great. 
This is my 5th month here in Navajoa so we'll see what happens, 

Love you all! 
Elder Padilla


So, Hermana Rojas just got out of the hospital because she fell down a few flights of stairs, shes a champ.

No comments:

Post a Comment