Wednesday, July 29, 2015

27 Jul 2015 - Dads Wisdom...

Hey Family,

This week was so great but a little tough. We didn't have a ton of success with finding new investigators but the ones we have are doing good! More than half of the lessons that we had planned this week fell through but I'm hopeful for the week to come. This is the week before the transfers so we're going to buckle down a bit more. 
I'm not sure why but all of sudden the drunk men have been very interested in us and they love to talk. It was funny in the beginning but now not really. Every time we see them, we book it. 

This week was really great to reflect on my progress as a missionary and to see the things that I need to change or make better. It was awesome because yesterday I was able to give a talk in Sacrament meeting about the Atonement and it may not have been the best talk ever written but I thought a ton about what Jesus Christ has done for me, but not only what he's done, but what he's made possible for me to become. I spoke about the enabling power of the Atonement and how we literally receive strength when we learn how to ''apply the Atonement.'' (Mosiah 4:2)

I feel great and pretty much the worst thing that you can do, talking to you Luke, on your mission is become discouraged. Because when we choose to give less of ourselves, when we're already promised to give everything that we have, we start wasting time that isn't ours. Be ye anxiously engaged in a good cause and learn to love it because you already know dad's going to make you do it weather you like it or not. ''You can go on a mission and be happy about it or go on a mission and be sad about it. Pick your poison.'' (dad)

But seriously all is good. I feel the opposition sometimes but I chose a long time ago for whose team I wanted to play. 

I'm still here in my first area so we'll have to see if I'm gonna stay here another transfer or what. Elder Rivera says hi. And haha one of our neighbors asked if you, mom, know how to beat-box. I was going to respond with a no but then I realized that its been a while since I saw you and hey, you never know. so let me know. 

Thanks for the pictures, I'll try to send more. 

Love you guys,

Elder Padilla

Our future missionary.

No comments:

Post a Comment