Thursday, April 21, 2016

18 Apr 2016 - Birthday week, no more teenager

Dear family,

This past week was SO great!
Its so weird to think that I'm not a teenager any more. Makes me sad.
But I had a ton of fun this past week. One day we saw a lady sitting outside on her patio and we went to go talk to her. She told us that she'd love to listen and then asked us what time ''cult'' started in the ''salon''. I guess she thought that we were Jehovah's witnesses but after we finished talking to her we turned around and a guy was sitting in his car on the other side of the street waiting for us. He called us over and gave me a slip of paper with his name and number on it. He told us that his wife had died 2 months ago and was looking for some ''more'' in his life!!!! So Crazy! He told us that he lived in campo 2...so apparently campo 2 is a restricted area in our mission because 2 missionaries were killed or something like that and so we had to talk to President Munive and ask him. He said that we needed a priesthood holder with us every time and after the first time that we went he wanted a report on the family, circumstances, etc..
It was super sick!! We invited the ward young men's president and his wife and they just clicked with the guy. Its a family of three, him and his 2 kids and turns out that the brother and sister, their kids go to the same school as this man's kids. We invited them to be baptized and they all agreed!!! WOOHOO! They'll be preparing for MAY!!! SO PUMPED!!! 
Oh and I almost forgot, they live in a field of mango trees. The brother, Francisco, does the management on a mansion, where they have parties. Its like an event house with a pool, basketball court, outdoor dance floor, roofed eating area and the mansion!!! Its so crazy! and Francisco said that the owner has like 10 of these and he's almost never there! I think we got out next idea for family home evening!(; 
I know that miracles exist and that God puts us exactly where He needs us to bless all of his children. 
He exists and loves us. 
I love you all and am so happy to be serving! 

The birthday party was simple and nice. we ate cake and sang and I also did something but I dont want you to freak out mom...okay?

So my allergies were bugging me and we went to visit a recent convert and she told me that the way to get rid of that bothering feeling is that you have to squirt pure lemon juice in your nose and sniff it up.....So I did it. I'll send the video.

Love you guys much!
Elder Padilla

Happy low key 20th

Ding Dong Ditch

We are both 20 now...

Baptism of Martha


No comments:

Post a Comment