Tuesday, August 9, 2016

16 May 2016 - Spoke In Church, Doughnut Lesson

Dear family,

It was great to see all you guys the other week.
This week was pretty loco.
So pretty much all of our investigators that we've been teaching showed up at church this past Sunday!! We were so pumped. 2 families and a 24 year old college student!! I got to give a talk last Sunday too so that was super great to see them all from the pulpit. 
Hahahha so we went to gospel principles and I guess there was a super less active guy that hadn't been to church in a while and he decided to go and he totally bombed the entire class. in total there was about 10 or 11 investigators in the class and the topic was Faith in Jesus Christ. So he starts saying stuff like ''Was it faith that those terrorists had when they knocked down the twin towers?'' LIKE....BRO!!!! what the garbage man. We got nubbies in here that are trying to learn and you're throwing this stuff in their brains. Sooo the teacher tried his best but overall it was very interesting. 
But yeah we gave them a tour and they got really excited when they saw the baptismal font!!! BOOYAH!!!

So I had a pretty interesting experience this past Friday. We had a special meeting with president and me and my comp also had to give a training.. So the President Munive was talking about the Atonement and I'm pretty sure you guys have heard of this story about the teacher in the class teaching his students about the atonement and he makes one student do 5 push ups for every student whether they wanted the doughnut or not...yeah, well I was that student. I had to do 100 and I almost died. They had to call another down to help me do the other half cuz I got gassed. Super cool experience but my arms are still a little sore.

I love the mission and the people here. 

We're planning on baptizing a family of 4 this 28 of may!! fingers crossed!!!

hugs and kisses .
Elder Padilla

No comments:

Post a Comment